Thursday, January 8, 2009

Preschool, snow, and knitting....

Well let me start by saying that time is flying by. Not only because I haven't updated my blog in forever, but also because I have to think about preschool for Ollie already. He is only two and yet I have to decide if I enroll him for next fall or wait another year. The decisions are driving me crazy. For starters, I really am not ready to think about how fast my baby is growing up and that he might be in kindergarten in two years. And also because I don't know what all I really want in a preschool. So that is my rant for today, since we went to visit our first preschool today.

After that we had to go out and play in the snow. Of course it was only for a minute but it was fun anyway. We would have stayed out for longer, but Ollie's mittens would not stay on his hands and I was not going to let him try to play in the snow with out them!! Here he is running around and lovin' it!



One of my resolutions this year is to knit a bunch of socks (the other to knit the sweaters I just got yarn for) and I am off to a good start so far. I signed myself up for a sock class on how to knit 2 socks on one needle at a time. So the supplies I ordered from Knit Picks came today. I got the book and needles I need for the class and some yummy yarn. The Knit Picks Felici in the Gelato colorway. I am thinking of making some Jaywalkers or cable ribbed socks with this yarn. I have to add that it is so soft!



I also have been working on the Waving Lace Socks from Interview's Favorite Socks book. I am knitting them up in Regia Silk which Hubby got me for Christmas. I have to say it is also a lusciously soft yarn!

I also finished my first pair of sock weight yarn socks this week. I knit them up in a simple ribbed pattern to show off the Harry Potter yarn I scored from Nextvangogh. (Thanks again by the way!) The colorway is Dumbledore. So in love with these!

Well, I will end by saying a sock knitting addict has been born!



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me above, used the wrong email, that's for another blog. I have preschool input if you are interested. Won't post specifics here can chat later.

    Love the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I LOVE the gelato Felici sock yarn! I've been eyeing that for a while. Those Dumbledore socks look comfy - nice colors, too.

    ReplyDelete